Features & Improvements
of the Wolf Claw Climbing Harness
are almost too numerous to mention. The Wolf Claw is the result of years of testing and research. The goal is to provide the ultimate climbing device.
1. Adjustable Extension - The top strap must ride just below the knee for maximum climbing comfort. The Wolf Claw extension can be adjusted up and down. Once you find the exact location the extension is bolted in place. We also provide rivets if you wish to permanently affix the extension.
2. New "Molded Upper Pad" - The knee pad, which rides under the upper strap, has a special molded curved shape which fits perfectly to the leg. This allows for hours of climbing in total comfort.
3. Neoprene Lining - The Wolf Claw comes with a velcro attached neoprene lining. The lining has ventilation holes along the back so you stay cool. The lining keeps the boot snug without causing soreness due to excess pressure on the skin.
4. Bolts and/or Rivets for Extension - Each Wolf Claw is made to be custom fitted for the climber. We have made every attempt to make our kit as versatile as possible. For this reason we have provided bolts with locking nuts to affix the upper extension. This way you can keep your Wolf Claw adjustable completely.
5. Gaff Cover (not shown) - The Wolf Claw stainless steel gaffs are razor sharp for maximum bite. We provide leather gaff covers for safety and to protect the gaff from dents and dings. The gaff point remains as sharp as a surgical knife at all times.
6. Riveted Lower Strip - The lower strap is riveted through the 4130 cold rolled, heat treated steel harness embedded in the boot. The lower strap is capable of withstanding tremendous force.
7. Gaff Holder Welded into Frame - Inside each boot is a 4130 cold rolled, heat treated steel frame. The gaff bracket is welded directly to the frame. Then the frame assembly is heat treated for maximum strength and placed into the boot mold where it is encased in a high impact nylon shell.
8. Walking Pad - The Wolf Claw features a coated steel walking pad so you can walk around without having to remove the harness. The walking pad eliminates the need to take the harness off several times during the day.
9. All Accessories Included - Every effort has been made to make the Wolf Claw the ultimate climbing device. Each Wolf Claw includes all the accessories. We include all gaff covers, bolts and a boots carrying bag. Be sure to consult our accessories page for the full line of Wolf Claw parts.
10. Straps - Our research has told us that climbers are very specific about the style of boot harness they prefer. We offer a "traditional" straight strap.
11. Heat Treated Stainless Steel Gaff - Let's face it, the gaff is where the climber meets the tree. For that reason we include a high quality, heat treated, stainless steel gaff capable of getting and holding an incredibly sharp edge. We also include leather gaff covers to insure your gaff will be as sharp as a razor at all times.
12. Bracket 4130 Heat Treated Steel - Inside of each Wolf Claw boot is a steel climbing harness similar to the ones which have been in use for a hundred years. Don't let the smooth appearance fool you - for inside each Wolf Claw is a steel frame which is made from one of the strongest steel materials money can buy.
13. Full Support - Zero Turning Force - One of the most common complaints about other climbing rigs is that the harness wants to turn on their leg. The Wolf Claw features a full support, boot design which eliminates any tendency for the harness to turn on the leg. The result is hours of "zero turning" force climbing which is an absolute joy to those who climb for a living.
14. Everything is Replaceable - Everything on the Wolf Claw is replaceable. This insures your Wolf Claw is a lifetime product.